Crow Mountain Orchard salesroom and farmers market booths are closed for the 2014 season. We expect to reopen in early June 2015 when our cherries, early cling peaches, blueberries, and Early Gold apples get ripe.
Have a safe winter and thank you all for your continued support!
Orchard owner, Robert Deutscher
We will be closed for the season after today, December 13. We hope to see you next year when we open about the first of June 2015. We are very happy to have such great customers and appreciate your sharing the word about us with all your friends and families.
God bless all of you, and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Extra Large Golden and Red Delicious Apples
- Crow Mountain Orchard’s last day open this season will be Saturday, December 13. Beginning Sunday, December 14, we will be closed until next spring.
- Pink Lady apples, #1 quality, are gone for the season. #2 quality still available.
- Extra large Red and Golden Delicious apples on sale–2 pecks for $15.00, 3 pecks for $20. They would be beautiful in gift baskets.
1/2 gal $4.00
1 gal $6.00
- ROME BEAUTY APPLES-They are round, red, and glossy, with a thick skin and firm flesh. It is primarily used for baking, as its flavor develops when cooked, and it holds its shape well. The Rome Beauty was first discovered in 1817 planted along the Ohio River near Proctorville, Ohio.
- RED AND GOLDEN DELICIOUS APPLES Extra large Red and Golden Delicious apples are on sale–2 pecks for $15.00, 3 pecks for $20. 1 peck of extra large is the normal price, $9.00.
- JONATHAN APPLES Jonathans were always my Mother’s favorite cooking apple. They hold their shape as well as Granny Smith so are good for making pies and fried apples. They are a little tart, but not as tart as Granny Smiths, so they are also good for eating. Mom always used Jonathans to make a big pot of applesauce. They are a medium size, red apple that is traditionally used for caramel apples.
3 lb $3.00
1/2 peck $5.00
1 peck $8.00
1/2 bushel $12.50
Bob Deutscher, owner
All of the folks at Crow Mountain Orchard wishes you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. We will be closed tomorrow so we can spend time with our families. As many of you know, I am Shirley, Bob Deutschers’ daughter who lives in North Carolina. I drove to Alabama yesterday to spend a few days with Dad.
It was also nice to see Michelle who has worked in the salesroom for many years.
I brought a bag of Jonathan apples up to the house this afternoon and made a skillet of fried apples for dinner tomorrow and a large bowl of applesauce using my mother’s recipe. He had mentioned that he misses the applesauce she used to make every year from Jonathan apples. We sure miss Mom, especially around the holidays.
To allow our employees to spend the day with their families, Crow Mountain Orchard salesroom will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. We will reopen on Friday, November 28 at 8:00 am. We wish all our customers, family, and neighbors a Happy Thanksgiving!
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY–We are closing our booths at the Scottsboro and Guntersville Farmers Markets. Due to the cold weather and slow sales, we will not be at the farmers markets tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 15 or the rest of the season.
THE CROW MOUNTAIN ORCHARD SALESROOM WILL REMAIN OPEN! The salesroom is open 7 days a week (except for Thanksgiving Day), 8:00 to 4:30.
Our booths at the farmers markets are closed for the season. The orchard salesroom is still open 7 days a week, 8:00 to 4:30.
SCOTTSBORO FARMERS MARKET
218 Bob Jones Road
Scottsboro, AL 35768
GUNTERSVILLE FARMERS MARKET
Within Civitan Park along the lake
880 Sunset Drive
Guntersville, AL 35976
RAINSVILLE FARMERS MARKET (Closed for the 2014 season)
In the Rainsville City Park behind City Hall 70 McCurdy Ave N, Rainsville, AL 35986