This is what we have in the Crow Mountain Orchard salesroom right now.
- Effective immediately, the orchard salesroom will close each day at 4:00 pm. We will remain open 7 days a week, 8:00 to 4:00.
- Reminder–we have closed our booths at the Scottsboro and Guntersville farmers markets for the season.
- We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day reopening on Friday, November 29.
1/2 gal $4.00
1 gal $6.00
- PINK LADY APPLES There are a few bags packed at a time and are sold as soon as they are put on the table. Call before you go to the orchard for Pink Ladies. The Pink Lady apples got hit by a late hail, so quantities are limited this year. We will probably only have them for another week or two.
- ROME BEAUTY APPLES-They are round, red, and glossy, with a thick skin and firm flesh. It is primarily used for baking, as its flavor develops when cooked, and it holds its shape well. The Rome Beauty was first discovered in 1817 planted along the Ohio River near Proctorville, Ohio.
- WINESAP APPLES–medium size, juicy, moderately tart, red/green color, good for eating and cooking. I would not use these for pies without adding cornstarch or other thickener because of their juiciness.
- RED AND GOLDEN DELICIOUS APPLES
- JONATHAN APPLES Jonathans were always my Mother’s favorite cooking apple. They hold their shape as well as Granny Smith so are good for making pies and fried apples. They are a little tart, but not as tart as Granny Smiths, so they are also good for eating. Mom always used Jonathans to make a big pot of applesauce. They are a medium size, red apple that is traditionally used for caramel apples.
3 lb $3.00
1/2 peck $5.00
1 peck $8.00
1/2 bushel $12.50