1. Do you have “Pick your own?”
No, our fruit is picked and packed to insure that our customers receive high quality fruit.
2. Do you sell fruit (or apple) trees?
3. Will you ship fruit to me?
4. Where does your fruit come from?
Crow Mountain Orchard grows everything it sells.
5. How many acres of orchard to you have.
About 150 acres are planted in orchard.
6. What does #2 quality mean?
We grade our fruit according to industry and government standards. Fruit with surface damage, bruised, ripeness, or small size are sold at a lower price as #2 quality. Many of our customers take advantage of the lower prices, particularly for fruit they plan to prepare for preservation such as canning or drying.
7. Do you give tours of the orchard?
No. Unfortunately, we do not have the time or manpower to offer tours.
8. May my family and I walk out in the orchard?
No. We have heavy equipment operating in the orchard that is dangerous. Unfortunately, we have also had our fruit and trees damaged by visitors. Please do not walk or drive beyond the parking lot and driveway.
9. Do you charge sales tax?
No. That is a significant savings for our customers. Because we only sell products that we produce on the orchard, we are exempted by Alabama state law from having to collect sales taxes.
10. Why don’t you accept credit cards and debit cards?
We decided that we prefer to keep our prices lower for our customers. If our costs go up, our prices rise and you pay more. There is a cost to accepting credit and debit cards.
11. I have a few fruit trees. Can I buy a small amount of pesticide (or other spray material) from you?
No. It is not legal for us to sell such products.