The apples are getting ripe. Right now we have the following fruit in the orchard salesroom.
- Honey Crisp apples–We typically sell out of Honey Crisp within a week or two, so don’t wait to get yours. They are a crisp, sweet-tart, tasty eating apple. A favorite of many people. These apples are difficult to grow and handle, but are worth the trouble.
- Pippin apples–Pippins are the largest apples we grow. They are green and somewhat tart primarily used for cooking. They aren’t pretty, but make great applesauce and apple butter.
- Laurel Red apples–We don’t have many of these very nice eating apples. We have customers who wait all year for them.
- Gala apples–one of our most popular sweet, eating apples.
- Moon Glow Pears–one of our larger eating and cooking pears.
- Asian Pears–crisp, long-lasting
- Purple seeded grapes
- Yellow Peaches—We are at the tail end of the peaches for 2019. If you don’t get some this weekend, count them gone. Call the orchard before you come for them. 256-437-9254.