We have some great apples and cider! We always recommend you call the salesroom for availability before you come between 8:00-5:00. 256-437-9254.
Fresh Apple Cider
We make cider fresh several times a week from apples we grow here using my Dad’s secret blend of apples. No sugar or flavors added. Many customers buy extra jugs of cider to freeze. Just poor off some out of each jug to allow for freezing expansion. For parties and holidays, serve it warm in a punch bowl with cinnamon sticks and thinly-sliced apples floating on top. People will be convinced it is a special punch recipe.
- Gold Delicious–Just starting to get ripe. These are favorite apple for many customers. Crisp, sweet, and good for eating or cooking.
- Shizuka—Same parentage as Mutsu (Crispin). Large. Yellow with red-orange blush. Sweeter with less acid than Mutsu (not necessarily preferable), but excellent flavor.
- Jonagold–a crisp, flavorful eating apple. Try these if you like Honey Crisp. One of my favorites.
Jonathan–a medium size red apple great for eating, making caramel apples, and cooking. Jonathans are my favorite for fried apples and pies because they hold their shape so well. My mother never used anything other than Jonathans for her wonderful applesauce.
- Gala–a sweet eating apple that is a favorite of our customers.
- Pippin–a very large, green, tart cooking apple. This is an old-fashioned apple that isn’t very pretty, but it wonderful for applesauce and apple butter.
Crisp and flavorful, best for eating and adding to fruit salads or topping for green salads.
A firm, eating pear that is also good for canning. I love to dehydrate these and use them to flavor oatmeal or for snacks all year.
Coming Soon-in 1 or 2 weeks: