It is apple time! Call the orchard salesroom between 8:00 and 5:00 before you come to make sure we have what you want since we sometimes run out of some varieties during the day. Our number is 256-437-9254. We are open 7 days a week, 8 to 5.
We currently have the following apple varieties.
- Jonathan–a versatile red apple, slightly tart, but good for eating or cooking. They hold their shape very well for fried apples or pie. My mother always used Jonathan apples for making caramel apples and apple sauce. These are my favorite for cooking and dehydrating.
- Pippin–a very large, green apple that are tart and a favorite of customers for canning, apple butter, and apple sauce.
- Gala–a sweet eating apple, great for a lunch box.
- Honey Crisp–our most popular eating apple. Crisp with a lot of flavor.
- Laurel Red (almost gone for the season)–Good for apple butter
- Ginger Gold and Ozark Gold–yellow/green summer eating apples. They cook up quickly for apple sauce.
We also have the following items:
- Asian Pears
- Moon Glow Pears–eating and cooking
- Green Bell Peppers from our garden